Possible problem with BGMVSP-23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some advice if possible.

Moved into this property a couple of months ago. Central Heading: Glowworm Hideaway 60B, Landis & Gyr RWB2 controller BGMVSP-23 port, unknown pump and hall thermostat. I think the boiler was installed in 1999. Not sure of other components.

Never really understood the old programmer and left it untouched since moving in.

Just replaced RWB2 Controller with RWB20 to get more options on timing.

With CH only, main burner cuts out after just a few minutes. Pilot is OK..looks like the thermostat in the bolier is tripping. Radiators cool.

With CH and HW running same problem until I increased setting on hot water tank thermostat then things run fine untill hot water tank themostet trips. If I increase setting, all works fine.

Removed actuator from 3-port valve and noted position of lever on side of actuator for programmer settings for CH and HW as follows:

CH HW Actuator
Off Off H
On Off H
Off On W
On On M

The 3 way valve appears to operate freely (when turned with a small pair of pliers).

So, has something broken inside the 3-way valve or could the valve have been incorrectly connected (HW outlet to CH and vice versa)?

I cant find any installation instructions for the BGMVSP-23

As installed, the 3-way valve is fitted "in-front" of the hot water tank. The HMW lever is on the far side (hot water tank side) of the actuator housing .

From above:

Tank
HMW Lever
Actuator Housing
^
Viewer

From the viewers point of view the CH exit is to tte left and the HW exit is to the right

Sorry it's complicated!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
CH HW Actuator
Off Off H
On Off H
Off On W
On On M

if ch off and hw off and marker on h it will be held in last position if heating was last called for.

the rest look ok.
the valve body will have AB, pump port A, heating port B, hw port

Thanks for a quick reply seco services,

So the actuator stays in the last commanded position, wasn't sure is it was sprung return to H. I'll take a look for the markings on the valve body.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
if you isolate all the power it will return to its relaxed position.
heating closed hw open marker on w, resistance on the lever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back