possible to fix a ceramic disc type mixer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I know you can replace the ceramic disc cartridges in my franke mosselle kitchen mixer tap but I wondered if it was possible to cure the dripping problem any other way - eg soak in descale liquid for a while? Or is it that the discs have become scratched and replacement is the only option.

It is a very slow drip - once every four minutes or so.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes if you open and close the tap very quickly it can help by removing any grit that maybe in the cartridge. Or take out the cartridge and soak in viakal overnight.

Andy

Sometimes if you open and close the tap very quickly it can help by removing any grit that maybe in the cartridge. Or take out the cartridge and soak in viakal overnight.

Andy

Cheers. I might just try your suggestions. Is there a spring in there - one that might have lost its omph? A bit risky trying to take one apart - sink would be out of action until I get a replacement.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back