Post the best photo you took today

This photo I took today. The photo on the TV is one I took a year or so ago on a day trip to Brightlingsea.
The picture I finished today.
New hobby - artist! I am only on day 3, a long way to go!

IMG_20230616_131200215.jpg

Sponsored Links
Our daughters friend is quite good at drawing. She drew this picture of our dog from a photo while on a flight to America. I know some people think one dog is no different to another but Susie is instantly recognisable (by our dog owning friends) from the drawing. Came out quite good I thought.

IMG_5078.jpeg

b0314efa-dea0-4a3c-a8d8-9aa3ffcedf65.jpeg

Last edited:
Our daughters friend is quite good at drawing. She drew this picture of our dog from a photo while on a flight to America. I know some people think one dog is no different to another but Susie is instantly recognisable (by our dog owning friends) from the drawing. Came out quite good I thought.

View attachment 306110

View attachment 306111

Talented artist, promising career I would have thought.

Sponsored Links

View attachment 306110

View attachment 306111
I still can't imagine being that good at drawing. Maybe with practice and patience ...

I found this slater walking across the kitchen floor. I trapped it in a jar, took it outside and photographed it.
The little white things are its babies, which were all hanging on to its underside.
20230619_175331.jpg20230619_175326.jpg

I salted the tail of a slug i found on the yard this morning and saw a 'tank' scurrying along, so salted the way ahead, making him veer sharply to the right, a little more salt made him twist to the left...'dance, you buggr, dance':evil:

You call wood lice 'slater': is that a Scottish term?
I knew 'em as 'tanks' in younger days.
In this area we call them Slaters. I know that they have many names and are called different things in different parts of the country. I'm sure Jeremy Vine had it as a topic a couple of years ago.

Sponsored Links
Back