Postergeist in the Central Heating System??

here I go again but every thing these days is a regular fault with Ideal. Thats why I don't fit them any more. (sorry I don't want to start another manufacturer debate again, just my personal experience!)

Sponsored Links
wishwash said:
will ideal do anything about this as its now 2 years old - its been noisy for about 18 months and getting louder!!
thanks

not unless you paid for an extended warrantee they wont do jack but they will tell what YOU need to do

gas4you said:
wishwash said:
my boiler is definitely an icos - but i dont think the problem is boiler related - tho im only repeating what my boiler maintenance guy said

Check pipe work from large tank in loft to cylinder. What size tank in loft? Are you running tank dry in loft because it is too small for your hot water use or perhaps your cold mains pressure is too low to fill it up quick enough. If running out loft tank then air will enter pipe work each time.
the tank in the loft is pretty large - the banging noise happens even when i havent used any hot water that day - will ask the engineer to check this
thanks

corgiman said:
wishwash said:
will ideal do anything about this as its now 2 years old - its been noisy for about 18 months and getting louder!!
thanks

not unless you paid for an extended warrantee they wont do jack but they will tell what YOU need to do
i think ill get one of those british gas warranties and pretend this is the first time there has been a problem - :LOL:

Sponsored Links
if it is sludge (and it will be)

dont waste your money they wont touch it

wishwash said:
thanks

If you only have 3 copper pipes out of the bottom, flow, return & gas in the middle then I think you have been conned if you have your facts straight. Unfortunately Ideal are very reluctant to help anybody outside of warranty and at present will not take on any chargeable calls due to the number of boilers going wrong under warranty! The only way I get things sorted is to give my Ideal area sales manager grief on moral grounds as although I don't fit them any more I am still party to a contract with them!

If your rads are working ok I still suggest you check your DHW circuits and cylinder as previously said, or call your 'combi installer@ back!

another thought. Take out the Ideal extended warranty, wait the 28 days before you can call them, then call them in with the fault!

they also wont be interested if it hasnt been flushed properly

and the icos still aint a combi

corgiman said:
they also wont be interested if it hasnt been flushed properly

and the icos still aint a combi

Quite right corgiman, I've had probs with them even though I always powerflush everything properly. Ideal engineer on site confirmed water sample good, but guess what, Ideal report found minute particles and disagreed with their engineer. One of the many reasons they lost my business!

probably due to c*** aluminium heat exchanger with narrow waterways.

Can I havea month to think about it! Yes they are all the same but I personally do not like the Aluminium ones. When you service an ideal Icos or Isar look at all the rough edges on the visible heat exchanger parts. If the internals are the same then god help us!!

dont matter if the system is clean

our experiance is that "powerflush" some times needs doing again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back