Potential for a Military Coup in America

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...t-of-it-former-defence-secretaries-tell-trump

Reading the news I find it rather disconcerting that all ten former US defence secretaries (those still living) signed a letter warning against military intervention as part of Trumps assertion that he was cheated out of the election and the potential for him to invoke the Insurrection Act and deploy troops on US streets.

Trump could, under his existing powers as president, invoke the Act which would effectively be a military coup. He sure is mad enough to do it.

Sponsored Links
Not only that but it seems that Trump's Scottish golf resort is being prepared for a "VIP plus entourage" to arrive on the 19th January.

Given that as a ex-president he would no longer be exempt from legal actions arising from his business activities he may be considering seeking asylum in Scotland.

This could never happen.... The military powers that be just would not take orders from him

This could never happen.... The military powers that be just would not take orders from him

Trump or more likely one of his devoted followers acting on his behalf could create a situation of mass civil disobedience
The military would then feel justified in taking Trump's orders to quell the riots and it could then be manipulated into something larger.

Sponsored Links
Trump or more likely one of his devoted followers acting on his behalf could create a situation of mass civil disobedience
The military would then feel justified in taking Trump's orders to quell the riots and it could then be manipulated into something larger.

I hope not..... if he does it would confirm the Russian link for me....

Back