potterton 10-16 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm working on a property which has a potterton 10-16 boiler,randall 4033 programer and microbore pipework(!),its a 3 bed semi-boiler in kitchen-hot tank on landing-cold tanks in loft.we were asked as part of the works to add a radiator in the conservatory and fit trvs to some of the existing rads,work was duly completed and now the problems...i got a feeling that all was not well before we started(just not told this by customers!!)
The problem is that after about 20 mins from cold and with most rads hot or warm the boiler cuts off-then seems to cut in and out every 10 mins or so-increasing the hall stat temp has no effect past 28/30 and the customer reports not so much hot water in the bath!.so my gas guy had a look and diagnosed 3 way valve faulty and poss programer fault,changed valve and pump and hall stat-little improvement but issue remains ,turning the tank stat up to 60 according to the customer gives more hot water(!)-again i'm not sure if i'm being given all the facts in the right order here-would a faulty tank stat cause this problem?-anyone got any ideas at all at this point??-oh forgot to mention we flushed the system clear and twas a pig to bleed!!,it is believed to be origional to property-ie early 80's....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back