Potterton 155 HW pressure/banging noise

kjr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 5 year old Potterton 155 Combi. (cant tell if its open or sealed, this is not my field. No pressure guage on the front) Recently the HW pressure has decreased with the bath tap only capable of a trickle. yet the hand held shower is ok. The basin/downstairs sink are usually ok, but also stop sometimes. Occasionally accompanied by a banging sound from the boiler.

I dont know if it is connected but there is a bang from the boiler when it turns on in themorning and sometimes when it comes on during the day. I queried this when the house was still under the builders care but basically got no joy so have lived with it. The funny thing is the sound is not noticeable from the room in which the boiler sits.

I just want to get an idea of what the problem/s might be before I call out an engineer. (I'm assuming not Water Board stuff) It needs a service anyway.

MOD

moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
no such thing as potterton 155 combi do you mean powermax 155 :?:

is it big unit with hot water tank built in :?:

if so could be scale problem either in filters plate H/exch or mixer valve :idea:

Thanks Gaz, yes it is a Powermax. I thought that they are owned by Potterton and that it is a combi? I'm getting someone round tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to disagree with the Potty engineers but I have always thought the Range boilers were pretty well designed and manufactured.

I find them much more reliable than the Potty Envoy and Puma!

Tony Glazier

dont know y people hate em, i love em.............easy to change parts, easy to service, great flow rates............MASSIVE site of em down the road keeps me local..........lol

Hi, I hope someone out there can give me some help...! I have a 7 year old Powermax 155 which is the original from when the house was built. We are the only occupants. It has so far, touch wood, behaved itself, although it has never been serviced since installation. It has always started the day off with a bit of a thump in the morning and whenever the heating kicks in.
After looking through this site it appears that Range Poweremax are now owned by someone else - Baxi Potterton over in Warwickshire.
Is it worth me getting this thing serviced and risk disrupting something to only give me a life of hell thereafter, or should I leave well alone?
How often should the scale filters on the main cold feed to the house be changed? And where do I get them from? If any Powermax familiar guys are knocking around Worcester then please get in touch.
I need to disrupt the pipework to both the bathroom and en-suite wash hand basins to tile the floors in those rooms - I want to shut off the feed to those taps and I'm not too sure how to do that? Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back