Potterton 28i Combi - low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of problems...

My Potterton 28i has never worked properly since being installed. Thankfully I have a maintenance contract that keep The Heat Team in full time employment.

The pressure gauge regularly falls below .5 bar, sometimes dropping to zero. I have to get up in my loft (good job I'm fit!) to open the water switch on the inlet pipe to allow the pressure to build up again.

Heat Team engineers have been out lots of times, replaced various parts but to no avail. Any ideas?

Second problem is that of low flow rate on the hot water system. I've had about four heat exchangers replaced but the water flow is still low. The cold water pressure is fine, upstairs and downstairs. The flow rate is so low that we can only have one hot tap on at any one time because if I turn a hot tap on downstairs, there's no hot water upstairs; it just stops
completely. The same happens with the shower (a Mira Combi-Flow (don't laugh!)); turn a hot water tap on and the shower stops flowing.

Any help appreciated whilst I still able get up into the loft. (Stupid place to put it!) Hate to think what I'd do if I was an old pensioner.

Sponsored Links
The pressure gauge regularly falls below .5 bar, sometimes dropping to zero. I have to get up in my loft (good job I'm fit!) to open the water switch on the inlet pipe to allow the pressure to build up again.

its leaking :idea:

Any help appreciated whilst I still able get up into the loft. (Stupid place to put it!) Hate to think what I'd do if I was an old pensioner.

should have a remote loop and pressure gauge fitted :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back