potterton 28i combi more help please!!!!!

"" yes pressure does rise when i recharge system ""

Sorry to be pedantic but to find faults you have to be completely exact.

What "pressure" rises ???

Tony

Sponsored Links
Chris, you said "The evidence surely points to a problem with the expansion vessel or its connection, but the poster doesn't seem to be willing or able to be very systematic about testing it."

Do you mean that he seems unable to explain clearly what he is doing?

Or do you mean that I am losing the track of whats happening with his boiler? ( From what is being posted thats quite likely )

Tony

I mean the former, Tony. Some people can follow things through in a logical, systematic way, and some can't. No offence intended to giz123, but he/she seems to be of the latter persuasion. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:34 am Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you have pumped the expansion vessel up to 1 Bar with the system open to the air, keep the air pressure guage on the vessel and repressurise the system to 1.5 Bar. See if the air pressure increases to 1.5 Bar as well
yes it does rise when i do this

Good in that case we have eliminated a blockage between the boiler and expansion vessel.

Next time put a little soapy water on the air valve after filling it to make sure its not leaking air.

Are you filling the boiler from an external filling loop? If so are you removing the flexible hose after filling?

Professionals, its just possible the DHW HE part is leaking into the system but why at so high a pressure ??? Overnight ???

Tony

giz123 said:
checked expansion vessel and it is still at 1 bar. When c/h is running pressure gauge reads 3.5 + and vents
Tony, the above doesn't appear consistent with a leak through DHW HE, does it?

giz123, glad to see you haven't given up despite my uncomplimentary words. ;)

It is not consistant to have 1 bar at the exp and 3.5 on the guage.

As its venting then I expect it REALLY is 3.5 Bar !!! yet he told us the mains water is apalling and only 1 Bar.

Lots of inconsistancies here.

I think an RGI is needed to visit and assess the situation properly!

But NEVER give UP.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back