potterton 3 way valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there a standard pattern for 3 way valves in other words would the solenoid\electrical bit from this
http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=60151
fit on the pipework bit of a potterton msv322 3 way valve
or this one http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/searchresults.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8& amp;q=&n=53314&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=0&y=0
if not are the ports a simmilar spacing appart[will the tool station valve fit in with minimum tweaking of the pipework ] cheers

or would a replacement potterton electrical bit be cheaper or easier

Sponsored Links
the valve centres are all similar the problem is the threads on the nuts

you might be able to get a replacment actuator

chris r is the man for this when he comes on line

hope this helps all :)

cheers kevplumb i suppose the obvious solution is a new actuator as replacing the whole thing may include getting his feet wet :LOL: :LOL: [my freind]

Toolstation don't say who made their valve, but, after me

"If-you've-got-a-Pot-ter-ton, you-can-fit-a-Myson"

Again?

Myson heads fit.:D

Sponsored Links
Yes I have potty/myson actuators for those. email me? Go up a level and click on my name.

ChrisR said:
Yes I have potty/myson actuators for those. email me? Go up a level and click on my name.

heeelllooo chrisR
sorry didnt get back sooner my freind graham has popped in he is interested in how much a suitable actuator would be i tried to find your email address but when i placed the mouse poiter over your name i got nowt[probably dooing it wrong then] :LOL: :LOL: ;)

'bout half price usually but you'd have to wait cos I'm away for a week. Sun and sand and all that. Boring I know. Also boring is that we aren't supposed to put our email addresses on this page how daft. Click on "plumbing and heating" and find my name somewhere and click on it and you'll see my profile. Maybe it'll deflect big brother for a while.

mod wrong ! e mail removed

There are only two things that go wrong on the electric side. The syncro motors go, or the micro switches go dirty. Both are cheaper than replacing a funny spaced valve.

I agree with softlad, but the micro switches can't be cleaned in situ, they need to be removed after de-soldering. Also I don't think you can obtain replacement micro switches. Motors, Yes about £16 to £20
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back