potterton 30L boiler, hot water ok but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the problem is with this Potterton 30L boiler? both lights for hot water and central heating are on at the programmed time but only the hot water is working, there is no central heating. I looked at the diagnosis guide and it says "check the 10/16 interlock setting. (for simple systems). See installer's Guide instruction."

Problem is I don't have an installer's guide. Does anyone know where the 10/16 interlock setting is? Would very much appreciate your help.[/u]

Sponsored Links
Can you locate motorised valves? Its more likely this/these to be faulty or possibly the rooms thermostat.

Some basical electrical checks maybe neccessary, do you have a tester?

I checked the room thermostats, they are all on full setting. A few months ago the hot water did not work so I just followed the troubleshooting section of the instruction's manual, and it did the job.

Now, for the central heating, the troubleshooting (diagnosis) guide says to check the 10/16 interlock setting, and to check the installer's guide. Problem is, I don't have an installer's guide and I don't know where to find this 10/16 interlock.

Anybody got any idea where this 10/16 thingy is? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
edge14 said:
Anybody got any idea where this 10/16 thingy is? Cheers.

This sounds like your programmer?
EP *00*?
10 or 16 switchings?
May be barking up the wrong tree?

Start with the motorised valve(s) as previous

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back