Potterton 80 Boiler - No central heating or ot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently drained the water system in the house to change a tap washer. When I turned the water back on and switched the boiler on, there was no central heating or hot water.

When the boiler is switched on, it fires whether water is being fed to a tap or not. If the taps are off the boiler continues to fire until it overheats. I have taken the front cover off and there is a red light showing on the modulator. The front cover wiring diagram suggests that the hot water flow switch needs replacing.

Is this the case, or could this be connected to me draining the water system (maybe I have air in the boiler?). If it is the hot water flow switch, is this easy to replace and what does it look like and how do I go about this?

It's been freezing for over a day now and I could do with some heat! Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yeah,I advise you to stop messing about with things you know nothing about :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back