potterton puma 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am after advice on our potterton puma 80. Last time I had a problem with hot water and changed the flow switch and all now ok.
This time its the central heating that won't work. The Hot water does work and the boiler fires up no problem and the pump spreads the excess heat through the radiators in the normal way once switched off. However, when we put the central heating on, nothing. It does not fire up at all and no sounds whatsoever.

Can anyone advise what the problem may be? Could it be a switch of some kind?

Cheers
Phil.

Sponsored Links
If you're competant with a multimeter check the ac voltage at the SL terminal wrt Neutral. If it's not at mains voltage it indicates a lack of demand (thermostat, timeswitch problem)

If you have 230vac at SL then gently move some of the connectors about on the main pcb, poor soldered joints often occur on these, along with oxidised relay contacts.

Many thanks for the advice. I have checked the wiring in the first instance and it appears there was a loose connection on the PCB to the actual ch control switch (constant/off/timed). I have now repaired this and all seems to be aok (fingers crossed).

Cheers,

Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back