potterton puma 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Puma 80 is about 8 years old and has burned the pcb where the boiler + central heating switches connect to the pcb. Is this likely to be down to a pcb fault or could it be caused by something else ?

Sponsored Links
You are lucky that its lasted 8 years. Most last about 2-4 years!

Its unlikely to be anything else at fault. Unfortunately the soldering was not so good.

I would always recommend a new pCB.

Tony

Potties are not know for their quality pcb's, but it would not be a bad idea to get it checked out. It would be a bit of a bummer if you had to pay twice for a pcb. And then there is the safety aspect of course.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the speedy replies, Im hoping that the new pcb boards are of better quality as I can get a new one locally for just over £100.
Again Many Thanks Folks.

You can probably get one for a bit less from a mail order supplier.

We only charge our customers £94 for a new PCB when we fit them. Less to other engineers.

Tony

Roy if this is your boiler and you are a dab hand at soldering (PCBs) why not 'flow' the solder where the connections are bad on the connection strips. Mind electricity KILLS

Yes its my own boiler and I have soldered one of the top corners on the pcb a couple of years ago but this time the board is burned beyond repair-it has slightly damaged the connector blocks from the boiler switch to the pcb and the central heating switch to the pcb (both will be replaced along with the pcb) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back