Potterton 80e stops running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good boiler but there was a safety issue with some where they rot through on the back, worth checking out if your model is affected.

Paul

potterton 80e changed pcb,changed air switch,air flows up tube from air switch ok when i blow.
boiler starts ok, but later on tries,fails,removed red tube from air switch and checks itself then starts,fan running ok, what is air switch for and where do rthe air tubes go, had serviced before all this and eng said all ok ,but it wasnt hot wen he checked, i sound tight but people tell me that i need to get new boiler cos im haveing these problems,BUT ONLY COS OF CALL OUT CHARGES FROM PLUMBERS , so if its a simple fix im trying ,i dont want to touch any gas pipes,so dont worry about that.

Sponsored Links
The pcb is a known problem on some boilers. Tony has pointed to the fact and if you do a search on google for Dodgy old boiler You should see what I'm saying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back