Pressure switch on Potterton 60e not switching.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have Potterton 60e, on switch on the fan starts ok but the pressure switch is not switching to start gas and light pilot.
Both air pipes are ok, the sealing of the boiler seems ok.
If i force the air pressure switch the boiler starts ok.
Is the problem lack of sealing to the boiler casing, or is the Pressure switch not sensitive enough?
Cheers
Howard

Sponsored Links
Could be one of half a dozen things, which need the right kit to test for safety. You need to call in a Corgi :(

always check the flue and venturis on these plus those little airflow restrictors in the clear aps tube.

Sponsored Links
we are talking about a prima and not a profile aren't we?

No, its a Profile with twin flu, with plastic tube from inner flu and one from outer flu going to pressure switch to check for differential pressure between the two.

Might be fan on way out-not giving the aps the desired pressure,or if fans ok may be faulty aps requiring to much pressure to activate it

Yes i think it could be one of those two at fault. Can you explain how the 2 pressure venturii work, one is pointing down into heat exchanger the other is pointing up the flu. How is the differential between the two venturi generated?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back