Profile 60E Boiler, Hotwater but no Central Heating??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton Profile 60E boiler, seems to operate fine for the hot water but not for the central heating... as soon as you switch the hot water on, you can hear the boiler firing up and everything is fine.... but if you switch the central heating on nothing happens??? the hot water working makes makes me think that the boiler itself is OK... maybe the PCB??

Thanks.

Tony

Sponsored Links
if the boiler is working then yes its ok and not the pcb. it knows to fire up but it don't know what for as its a heat only boiler not a combi.

i would say the mot valve is faulty etc is the wall stat turned up ?
how many valves have you after the pump one or two ?

Nope. External control fault. Either..

Motorised valve, roomstat (turned up?) or programmer.

Hi, I am no plumber so I pay a lot for them! Imagine my feelings when I had not checked there was water in the pipes.the heater was working fine.

The plumber just waggled the floating stopcock valve.

But there was something else

Years ago I replaced that stop cock. I had not opened a valve enough. It worked OK for years but the small gap must have blocked up. So now the valve is wide open.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replys....

I'll start working through them (starting with the easier ones first) and let you know what I find....

One point that I didnt make clear is that when there is demand for central heating the boiler doesnt start... if there is demand for hot water the boiler does work? not that the boiler fires up but there is no central heating... if that makes sense??

cheers

Tony.

just had a look at a few bits...

When I manually operate the 3way valve (using the little lever) when I slide it across to the manual position it trips the electric and blows the fuse??

is it possible to operate the central heating in the mean time, by just sliding the lever over?? or is it best to knock it off line until I get a new powerhead for the 3 way valve?

cheers

Tony.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back