potterton acting like the baxi 105e high pitched squeak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
We have a less than 3 years old potterton 28i combi--so just out of warranty, funnily enough. It is acting like the baxi 105e that you replied to i.e. screaming when the hot water is turned off and when the boiler turns on. We had a local corgi person out to look at it and he thought it was a valve. Can I ask, is this the ball valve you are talking about? What should we do about it other than throw the boiler out the window? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
JAMD said:
We have a less than 3 years old potterton 28i combi--so just out of warranty, funnily enough..

Funny, but how does a 12month warranty become just out, if its getting on for 3 years old?

Change valves 248727 and 248728

Just to say thank you. Fair point re: year. We wondered about that, too, because we bought a brand new house a little over a year ago. The builder had registered the boiler a year before we bought the house. The boiler had actually been out of warranty by the time of our take over of the propety and we had never been told/left documentation to that effect. I'm not sure how that is legal, but it answers your question. Anyway, I appreciate the advice about the valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back