Potterton Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've got a potterton promax 24/2 HE puls boiler its was fitted about 3 years ago never had any problems with it but the rads have never been boiling hot but they are hot (wife would like them hotter) so i adjusted the flow temperature adjustment screw but this made the heating make loads gurgling noise so i put it back. what does this flow temp screw do and is there a way to adjust the boiler temp.

Thanks John

Sponsored Links
Forget how hot the rads feel, it is how warm/hot/comfortable the rooms feel that matters ;)

Hi it's the screw (adjustment pot ) above the three fault lights when you have taken the cover off.
Thanks John

Sponsored Links
This is the flow temp potentiometer, ideally set your flow to 63°C.

Hi baxpoti i think thats about where the gas fitter set it when it was fitted.
is this the temp of the water coming from the boiler, if so did i turn it up to much and cause the water to boil hence the gurgling noises.
Thanks John

Its the temperature of the flow from the boiler.

The lower the better as its more efficient.

The rads should ideally be too hot to keep you hand on for more than a few seconds.

63° would be very efficient.

Tony

Hi John, found this forum from google. In case you see it, can you tell how much should I turn clock/anticlockwise to reach what temperatures? Thanks, David
Hi it's the screw (adjustment pot ) above the three fault lights when you have taken the cover off.

John posted that in 2009.

He last posted something on here in 2010.

So he is unlikely to get advised about your question.

But you could try to send him a Private Message and if he is still alive and using the same email he might get it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back