Potterton Combi 80 CH problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just started getting a problem with my potterton combi 80. The hot water side works perfectly well. When I turn on the central heating the boiler fires up for about 10-15 seconds then turns off. There appears to be a large amount of air coming out of the air vent that is not present when the hot water is working. The system was working okay before I went to sea a few weeks ago, but has not been on for about 4 weeks. Does anyone have any ideas of what my next step could be?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Get someone to change your diverter valve. It's stuck in hot water mode so the water in the boiler just boils and it turns off. Dripping hot taps will also keep the DV in HW mode.

Thanks for the advice. Managed to get it all sorted and the heating is all set up for a Scottish summer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back