potterton combi 80 pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to you all
My Nan has a potterton combi 80 boiler,that has been playing up recently.
The problem a few weeks ago was that one minute the pressure was reading 1 bar,and about ten minutes after the boiler was on,it was reading 3 bar.
I checked the exp. vessel ,and there was no water coming out of the schraeder valve,although the vessell was only about 0.5bar,so i re-pressurised it to 1 bar.Also the prv was letting by when the pressure was about 1.5 bar.So i changed the prv and everything seemed to be ok for a week or so.
I went round this morning,checked prv-all ok.
Checked vessell,no water coming out of the valve but it still has this problem of pressure rising from 1 bar to 3 bar in about ten minutes.
Does this mean that the exp. vessell could be shot or could it be something else?
Any help and advice greatly received.
Linkyplumb

Sponsored Links
could be schraeder valve letting pressure out of vessel - pump it up again then put some soapy water on it, if it blows bubbles you need a new bit in the valve

if i can remember these have a braided hose going to the exp vessel these get blocked and cause this .i know this is true for the se but can not remeber if it the same with this unit pete

cheers for the replies guys.
twgas- I have tried the valve with soapy water,and there is no leakage.

petetheplumber- I will check the braided hose tomorrow when I go round

Regards
Linkyplumb

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip guys
Took off hose today and found it was chocker with black sludge.
cheers
linkyplumb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back