Potterton EP2000 heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help with this one. I have a heating / hot water system controlled by a Potterton EP2000 programmer with a Honeywell V4073A1039 3 position diverter valve. When the hot water system is operating the 3 position valve does not always revert to the correct position and allows hot water into the radiators. I have watched the 3 position valve and when this happens, the valve tries to move to the hot water only position but immediately goes back to the heating / hot water position and continually cycles between the two, on the microswitches.
Does anybody know whether it would be the controller that is at fault or the diverter valve?

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve fault. If you do a search on mid position valves you'll find that the operation of these was recently discussed in detail, complete with a set of circuit diagrams! You might be able to replace just the actuator part of the valve, or even repair if you understand enough about the electrics.

Many thanks for the reply. The information regarding operation of the diverter was very illuminating! What appears to be happening then, is that a demand for HW / CH has occured (I don't know why because this happens with CH switched off as well) which motors the valve to the mid position, but when the microswitches are made there is no holding current to keep it there, so the valve tries to revert back to the HW only position and so on!
Do you still think it would be the diverter valve in view of this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back