Potterton EP2002

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise me. I have a Potterton EP2002 and my central heating will not switch off. This is an intermitant problem :cry:

Sponsored Links
DO the lights "Behave" on the programmer?
If not, probably dud programmer
If so, probably sticking motorised valve.

The lights are working fine but when central heating is supposed to switch off on timer it doesn't. Could this be the Patterson timer that is faulty

More than likely it is the motorised valve that the clock controls. D o you have a 3 port valve or 2 two port valves

Sponsored Links
As you probably have guessed I am a novice at this how would I find out if it is a 2port or three port valve and is it something I could repair myself

had this same model prog unable to turn of last week

If u slide the programmer to the off position do the lights go off, if not it may be the progammer, there fore needeing a new programmer, for now turn the room stat up down and the water will turn of when your cyliner is up to temperature.

These programmers fail as the NICAD battery causes all sorts of faults.

Replace the battery first as its a 10 quid job.

Turn the power off to your heating system..... does the timer lose its time?

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back