Potterton Flamingo 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help. My mate has a flamingo boiler that will not start. I have followed the instructions and if I hold the gray knob in the pilot will light and stay on. When I remove my finger the pilot goes out. The pilot is quite weak and looks like it will not reach the thermocouple to heat it up anyway. With winter coming he is starting to panic, having small children.

Sponsored Links
Time for a man in a van ...... :(

Thanks for the reply.
From the internet previously looking at starting problems with the Flamingo the symptoms seems to point to the thermocouple. So my mate has already purchased one.Is this a possibility, if I change the thermocouple anyway.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the in depth reply. I might change the thermocouple just for fun, i'll just have to be careful with the asbestos rope. :?:

I'll ring round tomorrow for a man in a van and see what they come up with.

[/img]

YES it is asbestos on flamingo`s so damp it down or do what the rest of us have done for years and breath it in because we where told it was an asbestos free substitute and safe

Your opening the combustion chamber :?: which is a major no no. What garauntee to you have that you'll refit it properly and it won't leak POC's (products of combustion) into the property therefore creating a potential health risk namely DEATH. Get a corgi in and he'll sort it and you will not be at risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back