Potterton heatmax combi - dodgy hot water output.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Potterton Heatmax Combi boiler, and the HW is very iffy.
Turn on a hot tap, and nothing happens
Turn on heating, and then turn on a hot tap, and it has a bit of hot then cold then warm then cold constantly like that with each bit of HW lasting less than 2 seconds each time.
The CH is working perfectly.
I have attached a zip fiile with a video in it showing what the boiler is doing.
I have a likely suspect in my head, but don't want to prejudice people's ideas, so does anyone know how to diagnose this properly.
Best wishes
Jim

Attachments

• No HW video.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
Sponsored Links
Take front case off and have a look to bottom left hand side behind pump when you turn hot water tap on can you see a red light

Hi,
There is a red light but it is flickering on and off rapidly. Video attached in zip file

Attachments

• Boiler light.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
Hi,
There is a red light but it is flickering on and off rapidly. Video attached in zip file
in that case the turbine/bobbin that its attached to needs replaced its not sending correct signal to pcb it should be a solid light

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for that, i am going away onto a job for 4 weeks, will let you know how this progresses when I get back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back