Potterton/Ideal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are Potterton combis any good or is it worth paying more and getting an Ideal? :?:

Sponsored Links
that really is down to personal choice, i would say potterton all the way,

Yea but if the Potterton does'n't work from the word go, you can expect the run around on the phone and then be told 3 days till they can come :cry:
Oh yea and dont expect Ideal to get back to you when you enquire about how much spares are for your proposed boiler purchase so as to get an idea on maintenance costs :mad:
The Only people to date who have been any good for me have been Worcester.

i would agree with that, its just wasnt a choice, not keen on the plastic fillingloop though, who thought that up :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Cheers for your replies, the reason I asked was that I was given two quotes and the Ideal was a fair bit dearer but was also a condensing boiler whereas the Potterton was a standard combi. I would imagine that the Ideal would have a lower running cost but a higher maintenance cost.

The quote was £1670 for removing the two old boilers and fitting the new Isar 30 HE. I must admit I do like the look of the boiler spec. Does this seem like a reasonable price?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back