Potterton Lynx2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Hello, I am a new member - perhaps with a familiar problem! My Potterton Lynx 2 combi boiler is "cyclling." when the central heating timer switches the heating on in the evening, the boiler will fire up OK, but after about an hour or two (this time varies) of going through its normal timed operation, the boiler will commence going through its three stage ingnition sequence of "demand," "ignition," and "flame," over and over again. As soon as the third light comes on and the boiler lights, within a couple of seconds the flame will be extinguished and the boiler will go through its start up sequence again - "demand," "ignition," and "flame" all over again. This will keep going until I switch the boiler off at the main wall switch, and leave it off for a couple of minutes. I switch it back on and it will run OK for perhaps another couple of hours until the "cycling" starts again. The problem does not occur when demands are made for doestic hot water. I have (over the past 15 years), replaced the "PCB" board, the "air valve," Two water pumps, and a DHW flow valve. I have also replaced the main pressure vessel. I am a self taught plumber.

Can anyone give any advice on this, or is it a case of the boiler just being "old" and needs replacement? (Apart from the "cycling," the boiler works fine in supplying hot water for washing or bathing on demand, and working the central heating.

Regards,

Phil Edwards (Mr)

Sponsored Links
My first expectation is that the gas valve minimum/maximum setting is not correct and the flame failure safety circuit is not detecting the flame properly.

However as this is a gas related issue I would have to recommend that you get a competent CORGI boiler engineer.

Tony

Thanks for your reply Tony. (If I can find a trustworthy one!) I will get a "corgi" registered plumber out to look at the problem (when I am at home, as I don't want anyone trying to "con" my wife into buying boiler parts we do not need!).

Regards,

Phil Edwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back