Potterton Netaheat 10/ 16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All
I have a wall mounted Potterton Netaheat Electronic boiler which sits in the garage Turned on hw & ch in the evening, worked fine. Some hours later went to kitchen - was greeted with a loud pitched humming from boiler. But boiler not functioning. Switched it off, left it for some time, switched back on - same noise but no sign of life. Tried again a few hours later same problem, then again, same problem. Whilts I appreciate this type of boiler is a widow maker and sits in the garage now wheer near any living space please advise what problem could be? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi Fitz1

Fan seems OK as it spins by hand but buzzing noise appears to be from main PCB area where relay, thermostat, air pressure switch etc are located!!!

Fitz forgot to tell you that that is a positive pressure case boiler and the cover should only be removed by a competent CORGI.

The buzzing could be anything but you should be able to listen. Sometimes a short length of hose pipe helps to listen to a small location.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The pcb as you call it is pretty unreliable on these. Put one end of a screwdriver to it and the other end to your ear. This will let you know if it is this buzzing.

Hi All

Just to let you know I had a CORGI Registered engineer change the Fan for £150 and all is well.

As I am not CORGI I would not even consider touching any boiler let alone this one!!!

Many thanks to you all

Hi All

As I am not CORGI I would not even consider touching any boiler let alone this one!!!

Many thanks to you all

You already have!

Opening the combustion chamber cover should not be done on any boiler by a non-CORGI.

However, on your model and a few others, its particularly dangerous as if the case seals leak then carbon monoxide can leak out from the boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back