Potterton netaheat boiler- no heating!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton neatheat boiler that appeared a few days ago(plumber unable to attend straight away!) to have a problem with the pressure switch. First thing in the morning the pressure switch would begin to come on and off in order to build up pressure before pilot light would ignite and heating and hot water would come on. This was not always successful. A small tap on boiler housing would "encourage" pilot light to ignite! Once it has come on it would be ok for the rest of the day when the heating controlled itself via the room thermostat. On Saturday the central heating just stopped working!!! Boiler still firing up when hot water comes on. Even when central heating is turned on there is no noise heard where main control is (swooshing sound where control is and hot water tank is). A start up noise is heard when water is turned on. The red power light is on on the control panel to indicate heating is on. Help!!!!

Sponsored Links
It might also be a good idea to check there is water in the F&E tank.

Tony

I'd guess you have two problems,
pcb on the boiler, and
wrongly wired or sticking 3 port valve.
Both are common, and can be intermittent and not noticed for ages.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for taking time to reply!! Plumber has been and replaced motorised valve and pressure switch in boiler. Not too sure if he was happy me offering advice as to possible cause of the problems!! All nice na d warm now. Thanks to you all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back