Potterton Netaheat Electronic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Wonder if anyone can help. I have the above boiler, pretty old, not sure how old as inherited with this house. It's been working fine and then last night, it started making a strange loud noise, like a whirring, which was so loud it could be heard in the garden (boiler is in the kitchen). Today, the boiler will not work, the flame has gone out. The switches next to the tank (where the time is, are lit up, as usual).

Can anyone advise what a possible cause may be, would be so grateful for an indication

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does that mean I need a new boiler, or is it something that can generally be repaired?

Thanks!

its not a DIY boiler, it does need a competant person to look at it.
You are looking at a few quid to replace the item that whirrs.

Sponsored Links
its not a DIY boiler, it does need a competant person to look at it.
You are looking at a few quid to replace the item that whirrs.

Thanks, yes, I realise it needs a professional, I was just wondering what I might be faced with.

look you could have the fan replaced but it wont be cheap i dont no any gas engineer who would work on this boiler, id spend my money on a nice new boiler. sorry if it was not what you wanted to hear tho :eek:

look you could have the fan replaced but it wont be cheap i dont no any gas engineer who would work on this boiler, id spend my money on a nice new boiler. sorry if it was not what you wanted to hear tho :eek:

not so much about not wanting to hear it - let's face it, who does want to spend unplanned money out! So what is a good boiler to replace with generally - any particular make, and what do these things cost right now?!

well depend on what you want combi ? or just like for like boiler swap

worcester & vaillant seem to be the trend. a straight swap boiler would cost around £1600 upwards but you may find it cheaper ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back