Potterton netaheat pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a netaheat 16/22 which has an intermittent fault where the pump runs continuously. The fault is hard to trace as it does it maybe once or twice a week. I can turn the boiler off at the thermostat but the pump keeps running until the next scheduled start has finished. The only way I can turn it off between those times is to turn it all off at the mains for 20 minutes, any less and the pump starts up again.
It has been doing this for the past two years or so.

I wonder if anyone has had this problem before?

Sponsored Links
The pump over run timing is provided by the boiler PCB.

Since the boiler is overdue for replacement why not live with it just like old people put up with health issues for the last few years before they die.

Tony

PCB was replaced last week due to a different issue but I would now like this one sorting as its been going on long enough. I'm thinking maybe a synchron motor is failing causing the pump to stay on but because the fault is rare it's going to be hard to test.

Sponsored Links
The pump over run timing is provided by the boiler PCB.

Since the boiler is overdue for replacement why not live with it just like old people put up with health issues for the last few years before they die.

Tony

Erm ok thanks for that.
because the fault is rare it's going to be hard to test.

No it's not, just get someone experienced at central heating fault finding in and they'll be able to tell what the fault is.

I'm sure the pump over run is on the stat on some if not all of these boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back