Potterton Performa 24 advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My shower keeps running cold patches but the other taps in the house are fine.

I had this problem 4 years ago and the guy replaced the 'plate heat exchanger' and said 'system needs flushing to prevent problem re-occurring', what does this mean and is it too late to fix it? I got charged £188 (labour/part+VAT) last time but am a bit skint at the moment to go through this again. Why has it happened again?

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
This has happened because your central heating system is full of crap-hence adviseing you to get system flushed.
Replacing/cleaning the plate heat x is half the job,the water ways through the plate h x are very narrow so the crap collect until it impears you hot water quality.

Why did the plumber not flush the system? How often should the system be flushed? Would flushing the system now help?

Most of the crap comes from the original system to which a combi is then fitted,This should have been done whenboiler was fitted, but quite often doesnt get done !
As to why he didnt i dont know he informed u? U need to sort that with him

Usually once clean it should just need inhibitor checking and topping up every year or two!

Sponsored Links
I had this problem 4 years ago and the guy replaced the 'plate heat exchanger' and said 'system needs flushing to prevent problem re-occurring'

so why didn't you get it done

Why did the plumber not flush the system?
because you didn't ask him to :idea:

How often should the system be flushed?

depends on the layout

Would flushing the system now help?

stable door and horse away springs to mind :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back