Potterton Performa 24 - HW takes long time to kick in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton Performa 24 Combi boiler. Recently I found that I need to open up the hot water tap almost all the way (sometimes need to open up two hot water taps) before the boiler starts pumping water and fires up. This happens about 95% of the time when we try to use the hot water.

Anyone have any ideas on what may cause this?

Might be worth mentioning that I do loose pressure on the boiler - I have to top it up every 6 months or so, but have not been able to find any leaks that may be causing this. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Carel

Sponsored Links
Most systems need topping every three months so at six months you have a bery good system!

There is usually a microleak at the rad valve spindle glands. Tightening the gland nut a little may reduce this.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses! Just want to check with the diaphram - I take it is quite easy to fit? Would be great if you could confirm the part number - I have: 5111137

Thanks!
Carel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back