potterton performa 28 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have a potterton 28 performa boiler but iam having trouble with hot water flow.The central heating pressure holds fine and runs ,however i have to keep the water inlet tap turned off on the boiler or the release valve is activated.I can get hot water out of the taps by opening the hot tap on the bath,then partley open the water inlet tap on the boiler,if i open fully the pressure gauge just maxes out and the release valve is activated,i have already put a new release valve on but it still does not work.It appears some sort of pressure is building up in the hot water system some where,is there anyone who can help me?

Sponsored Links
Assuming that your boiler has not been piped up incorrectly then it seems that your plate heat exchanger has failed.

Unusual on that model but possible on any boiler.

Tony

Thanks for your quick response,the boiler is piped up correctley,and has been working for the last 7 years without a problem.Do you think this will require a new part?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back