potterton performa 28 hw/ch fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

About a year ago the H/W totally packed in, the boiler wasn't kicking in at all, traced this down to a split diaphram in the diverter valve, have replaced this and now it is fine, however after getting really high gas bills we have found that when the shower is run or the h/w is run the radiators are getting hot, the boiler is set to h/w only and the rad dial turned down low, is there a by-pass valve where the two systems join? or could it be that i've fitted the diaphram incorrectly?

Thanks Gav

Sponsored Links
ok thanks, is there anything i can check on it or do to it? or is it replacement only?
thanks

In theory you can take it apart and clean it.

Commercially I always replace them.

I did spend a lot of time for a friend of mine disassembling one and boiling the parts in citric acid.

It was about as clean as it could get and put together with silicone grease.

If they are really bad I sometimes clean them in situ with citric acid but its not very effective and any improvement rarely lasts more than a few months.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I should have made it clearer that the one I did for a friend improved the situation but in spite of all my efforts was not a success and had to be replaced.

A year on and the replacement is now letting by as well!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back