Potterton Performa 28 losing pressure - I am losing the will

Ok,

rad valves all apeared ok.

Fernox leak sealer has been in for about a fortnight, put into the system via the little rad. in the porch.

Still leaking.

So, on Monday evening, I locked off both valve on the little porch rad., thinking that the leaker sealer was well and truly circulated around (and gone, due to the bloody leak), and I was sick of warming up an unoccupied area. Bingo! Leaking stopped! Pressure held!

Until this lunchtime, when I heard a gurgling from the bathroom rad. I checked the boiler - reading zero. It's now losing faster than ever - 1.5bar to zero in 2 hrs.

I ready to take a sledgehammer to the lot of it.

Sponsored Links
Brigadier";p="1479635 said:
Hello all,

I had a DHW "issue" about 10 days ago, which ended in scalding hot tap water pee-ing out of the kitchen tap for about 45mins.

only just joined the forum. what was this caused by and did it stop?

Hello Lifesagasman - welcome!

Missus broke the hot tap handle off the kitchen monobloc mixer - I obviously hadn't shut it off properly (at all!) when I unscrewed it a little, to check it's size........

Had the porch floor up today. Now I can't be 100% sure that I didn't clip the pipe while cutting through the tongue to get the board up, but I'm 99.99% sure that I didn't.....and the floor under the boards had a big puddle on it!

Off to Screwfix for a couple of Speedfit stop ends (and a bag of inserts and a cutter - £21 to cap two pipes :eek: ) Trust my luck that they'd piped that bit in plastic, which I don't have bits for!

Heating back on since three - pressure appears to be holding - fingers crossed! At least it is not dropping 1.5bar in 2 hours, like it was yesterday!

How long ought I to give it for it to settle down, and I can get the Fernox in?

Sponsored Links
it doesnt need to settle down. put your fernox in at an upstairs rad while the pressure is down. you can either get creative or buy a gadget that makes filling at bleed valve a bit easier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back