Potterton Performa 28 no hw or ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Wish my first post here was on a more positive note.

I have Potterton Performa 28 that will not heat water or the central heating, and flashes up with the faulty pump/low pressure indicator. Now you can get the system to work by continually turning the power on and off again with the hot water tap running though this is a long process but I guess it proves the pump works as it does fire up eventually and stays hot once on. If however you turn the tap off and allow the boiler to cool below 40c it will not fire up again. Also it emits a buzzing sound. Much like a car battery charger. Following some instructions I found I opened the unit to check the fan rotated freely and cleaned some mile corrosion off the unit. All superficial work. I did open the pcb inspection cover and check the cables for corrosion / obvious damage but it is clean as a whistle. After doing this the boiler fired up straight away but I guess it was just luck as I have just got home from work to find the buzzing sound and no hw/ch.

Any guidance is much appreciated

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back