Potterton Performa 28i - Intermittent CH/HW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

His is my first post and I am hoping someone can help with my boiler problem please.

I have a Performa 28i that was fitted about 7 years ago, serviced regularly etc. Recently the CH and HW started to play up and the following symptoms occured:

1. Started to notice that when the CH was trying to come on the burner kept igniting then going off every 5-10 seconds for about 3/4 times then the burner would ignite properly.

2. The HW then failed but the fault showing was the CH LED flashing. Managed to get it sorted by eventually resetting the system but the problem continued and then no CH.

3. I had a spare PCB (long story!) which i fitted and this seemed to resolve the CH/HW problem but I still noticed this problem of the burner keep igniting then going off immediately a few times.

4. Yesterday the HW failed again and the CH LED was flashing and the burner was not igniting.

Have worked through the manual but I really am struggling to understand the flow charts and every solution seems to end with 'Replace PCB' which has been done so I know it is no this (unless PCB is faulty?).

Would appreciate any advice please.

Many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
test the thermistors, they should be 11k Ω at room temp reducing in resistance as the temp increases,

or just buy a couple stick them in and hope for the best ;)

hi mark. cant really help. i have a potterton performa 24 with very similar fault. had a gas safe engineer look at it for two hours without being able to find the fault. would really like to hear the conclusion to your problem.
good luck
from a gas boiler hater

Picasso

Thanks for the reply - where are the thermistors positioned in the boiler?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
hi guys. just wondering if i am allowed to ask picasso a question about my performa 24 on this post.
cheers

C.H Primary thermister is "dry pocket" no need to drain.

Picasso/Baxmax

Really appreciate your help guys and hopefully I can resolve the problem.

Many thanks

Mark

hi there . my performa 24 had a similar problem as yours and it turned out to be the thermistor which is not expensive, and easy to change myself.
am very interested to know if yours was the same.
thanks

Albadiy, Picasso, Baxmax

Thanks for all the help and the problem was the thermistors. Bought a couple on Amazon and replaced them both as I had the boiler front off and perfect ever since.

Regards

M :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back