Potterton Potty Performa 28 Help needed please

Got a board from Parts Center for £96 + VAT they have a no-returns policy on PCBs so i had to make sure the one i received from them was completely sealed and not tampered with. installed it and held reset for 3 seconds. No lights. Turned heating on fired up no problems. Turned domestic water on, no problems. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Got a board from Parts Center for £96 + VAT they have a no-returns policy on PCBs so i had to make sure the one i received from them was completely sealed and not tampered with. installed it and held reset for 3 seconds. No lights. Turned heating on fired up no problems. Turned domestic water on, no problems. :D hurrah

Got a board from Parts Center for £96 + VAT they have a no-returns policy on PCBs so i had to make sure the one i received from them was completely sealed and not tampered with. installed it and held reset for 3 seconds. No lights. Turned heating on fired up no problems. Turned domestic water on, no problems. hurrah

I went and got replacement pcb from Parts Center as its the last chance before the weekend, cant do with hot water for another 4 days. It cost £96 +vat. i installed it and powered the unit held it on reset for 30 seconds all warning light extinguished and now combi fires up no problems. i have reduced the temperature on the heating output to prevent this from happening again. Parts center say they sell a lot of these (shame they don't reduce their prices then)

Sponsored Links
I went and got replacement pcb from Parts Center as its the last chance before the weekend, cant do with hot water for another 4 days. It cost £96 +vat. i installed it and powered the unit held it on reset for 30 seconds all warning light extinguished and now combi fires up no problems. i have reduced the temperature on the heating output to prevent this from happening again. Parts center say they sell a lot of these (shame they don't reduce their prices then)

Six PCBs - must have cost you as much as new boiler :evil:

I am getting a little bit confused here.

First you could not find an overheat stat!

Later Kevplumb says the 28 does not have one!

Now you say you have bought one!

Applying the best fuzzy logic, you must have bought one because your boiler does not have one and you thought it would like one?

Tony

I think kevplumb actually said that the o/h stat on the 28 has no button, not that the 28 has no o/h stat. I think...

You are probably right!

The PCB originally cost £80 including vat and postage we are told. It did not work we hear.

Another (?) cost £96 and did work!

Motto, dont buy anything cheaply?

Tony

Sorry for the confusion everyone, i posted a reply and it kept saying it failed so i kept pressing it.

Finally i paid £96+vat for PCB which worked fine. The cheaper board was exactly the same in packaging, part number and style as the expensive one, i was just unlucky.

This boiler does not have a overheat reset button, it does have a stat.

The original PCB has been replaced with an updated board (Baxi model 5112380) as part numbers have changed and well as the board layout. it still mounts the same its just got an extra earthing point and the multiplugs are moved around.

Did you manage to get a refund on the cheaper pcb which did not work?

Its a difficult question usually because many installers damage pcbs because they dont realise that another boiler component is blowing them.

Tony

Softus said:
I think kevplumb actually said that the o/h stat on the 28 has no button, not that the 28 has no o/h stat. I think...

it has an o/h stat but according to the book ?????
it's not manualy resettable ;)

I did manage to get a refund as it did not state that i couldnt. The PCB was faulty as i went over so many options and followed all the steps of diagnosis. New board works fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back