Potterton Powermax HE - A01 Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please excuse my ignorance in all that follows...!

I have the above boiler that is being rather temperamental. It has in the last couple of days failed to ignite and resulted in an A01 error. It can be "persuaded" to start up after a reset or two...

A01 is defined as "Burner failed to light" (obviously!) with "Check gas supply is on & condensate outlet open".

I have had an engineer round very quickly (haven't been charged) who did mention that it could be caused by "too much gas" coming initially from the meter - he was going to go away and look into over possibilities but he did mention that I should contact Transco to check the meter (which he said would be free).

Two questions

a) Any ideas of what may be wrong - we've not been in the house long and I'm guessing the boiler hasn't been serviced since it was installed (late 2003)

b) What should I be saying to Transco on the phone regarding gas flow etc?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
a) Any ideas of what may be wrong - we've not been in the house long and I'm guessing the boiler hasn't been serviced since it was installed (late 2003)

Likely to be electrode/Rectification probes. Maybe gas valve very simple test will eliminate this. Control board last.

b) What should I be saying to Transco on the phone regarding gas flow etc?

Nothing, Get some body in (Corgi) who knows what he is doing. regarding gas pressures this is all common knowledge in the right hands. If there is a problem they will phone transco on your behalf.

A01. Is normally caused by the electrodes needing re-setting or the gas valve recalibrating. Both need a corgi eng.

Sponsored Links
Get a service arranged from heateam, they advertise on this site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back