potterton prima 30f

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a potterton prima 30f I have fault on the gas valves they keep clicking loudly so I changed the valve and the problem is still there I have tested the voltage to the valves and when it starts clicking the volts rise from 240v to 400v is this a fault on the pcd side?????

Regards

Sponsored Links
You've changed the gas valve? Are you a corgi or if not do you know what you're doing? :eek:

did the new gas valve have both solenoids on it or did you use the old ones?....and yes 400v on a 240v solenoid will soon muller it :!: .....and obviously second what chris said.

ollski said:
did the new gas valve have both solenoids on it or did you use the old ones?....and yes 400v on a 240v solenoid will soon muller it :!: .....and obviously second what chris said.

i had a plumber fit the valve iam a electrician ..... the valve has 2 solenoids gv1 is the poilet burner and gv2 is the main burner this is what keeps clicking like it is loseing its supply but it is not the voltage goes up could it be be pcb ????? @ fault

Sponsored Links
Common mistake on this fault drop down pcb tray and wiggle large connection that connects gas vavle onto pcb and watch the sparks on the left hand side you can resolder this joint or replace pcb

You do have to be corgi reg to replace valve, were gas pressures set up on valve and joints checked for leaks.

corgigazza said:
Common mistake on this fault drop down pcb tray and wiggle large connection that connects gas vavle onto pcb and watch the sparks on the left hand side you can resolder this joint or replace pcb

You do have to be corgi reg to replace valve, were gas pressures set up on valve and joints checked for leaks.

just checked that mate and the joint is fine no lose connections any other ideas ...if the boiler is cold it will start clicking in about 1hour when switched on its the increase in voltage i dont understand and ive been a spark for 14 years ,,, ive had 2 meters on it and they both read when i clicks and increase in volts up to 400v ?????

:idea: being a spark you know about induced voltage ie on flourescent light fittings they use a coil (ballast resistor) that makes and breaks to induce higher voltages to start the light tube, that might be were the higher voltage is coming from.

if you have replaced the gas valve only the pcb is left, only other faults may be blocked pilot injector, ignition lead shorting out, air pressure switch turns boiler on/off. difficult to diagnose without being there, get a decent engineer arround most will have a pcb as van stock as they go so often. let us know the out come.

There are 2 relays on the pcb which "go". I have several of the pcb/modules. E mail me. E mail addy is in profile. No not potterton profile.

ChrisR said:
There are 2 relays on the pcb which "go". I have several of the pcb/modules. E mail me. E mail addy is in profile. No not potterton profile. I'm not allowed to put chris1dh at blueyonder dot co dot uk, here.

think ive found the fault its was a dry joint on the pcb the perment live to the air flow switch ive resoildered it and touch wood its working ok for now ...thanks for your help

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back