potterton prima 40f issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler will go through ignition sequence but the fan only spins for a short period of time. then it stops, then it comes back on again.
i had a 60f like this a week ago, replaced the fan and aps and it sorted it.
but on this one, i've checked the ohms on the fan, its 65ohms so i don't think the fan is totally dead. the aps was sticking so i put on a different 1 that i know works. still no joy.

thing is, the customers are old and have zero money to waste on parts for the sake of it. i'm slightly lost here and wondering what else it may be?

please all you long term gas guru's don't flame me for not knowing this problem and giving it the "get a decent gas engineer out who knows what he is doing".

Sponsored Links
thankyou kindly.

thought it may of been a pcb, not really alot else to change.

cheers.
tim

Sponsored Links
was not the pcb. double checked the wiring for continuity and resistance where required. no joy there.

after explaining to the customer that the boiler was rather shot due to the fact that there were rust holes appearing all of the rear of the burner box and so on, she called her son to consult him and he has purchased a viessmann 18kw open vent to replace it.

thanks for the help.

You would leave me very surprised if that wasn't the pcb, only other possibility is a neutral fault maybe, just loose wire somewhere.

Would not be the first time I have had a dodgy PCB for this boiler out the box.

Well done with your sales skills!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back