Potterton Prima 60F not firing up....help please needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

As the topic says she won't fire up at all. Not for hot water or central heating. I've reset the programmer in case that was it but still no good. No spark, no fan coming on, nothing. There is power to the PCB though.

Anything I can try?

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
Has the overheat stat popped? Little button accessed through a hole in the bottom plastic trim panel. Press it and if you feel a click that should reset it.

If that is the problem, there may be some other problem which has caused the overheat stat to trip. Pump problem perhaps.

If the o/h stat has not tripped then you need to see if these is a call for heat voltage on the connections to the boiler!

Some other aspects like gas/combustion aspects would need a gas registered engineer but you could try the above first yourself.

Tony

If the o/h stat has not tripped then you need to see if these is a call for heat voltage on the connections to the boiler!

Some other aspects like gas/combustion aspects would need a gas registered engineer but you could try the above first yourself.

Tony

Where would I test for voltage for call to heat Tony?

Sponsored Links
You need to unscrew the single screw under the control knob after removing the plastic cover.

Then test to earth from the terminal marked SWL.

Tony

Installed a new PCB and still the same problem. There is no power on the switched live. The fan makes no attempt to start and there's no power going to it or the CH pump either.

Could it be the air pressure switch?

I've also tried a new programmer!

The only way of getting the boiler to light is to put a wire between live and switched live.

Anything to test / try?

So Tony said to check the switched live, you've got no power to it and you bought a pcb. Why??? :eek:

Bought a PCB and a new programmer!

I'm mad! Going to take them both back once I know what's causing the problem.

It's not the boiler if there's no switched live, what motorised valves have you got?
You'll be lucky if they'll take the pcb back.

If the heating valve was gone it would still fire for hot water and vice versa.
It would be unusual if both valves were gone, but not impossible.
Time to start checking the wiring connections are tight in the junction box if you feel capable without doing yourself in. After that you need a multimeter.

Have a good look, and check the two orange and the two grey connections from the motorised valves within the wiring centre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back