potterton prima f40 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a potterton prima f 40 boiler which fails to light . the fan starts then after a few seconds cuts out ,it does this constantly with out fireing up,
but if i lightly tap a black box covering a circuit board it fires up any ideas what this is and how much to repair approx ,
any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Change PCB.

Prices vary on location which you have not given.

Dave

PCB most likely fault but dont rule out Pressure Switch

David

Sponsored Links
iam not sure but i thought there was a common fault on the pcb boards of these boilers it could be worth it phoneing potterton tech dept with the model and asking them if it is they may send a replacement

Hi Lomofore,

Did you ever solve it. If you did do you remeber what the solution was? I have exactly the same problem.

Thanks in advance

For reference, my Prima F50 had the same thing. It was cycling to fire but cutting out before it actually lit the burner.

It could take up to 40 attempts then would light. Some days it was better than others.

I stripped down the PCB and found 3 dried out capacitors. Total cost of repair was a couple of quid and an hours labour.

It ran perfectly for over a year with zero failled ignites until a couple of weeks ago when it was unceremoniously launched into the garden by my heating engineer as he replaced it with a new Combi.

I have the old PCB here if the part numbers match up - 407677

Obiously you would need someone qualified / competent to fit it (if its the right one for your boiler)

hi mackfly i had a new pcb installed but the guy did say the old one had a dry joint ,hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back