potterton problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have exact same problem with potterton boiler. Pump was replaced but 7 days later same thing happened pump not working and awful banging through pipes throughout house. Was suggested this was a 'kettling' effect due to pump not working but after new pump fitted and still a problem plumber sent an electrician to check everything assumed a short could be happening. Electrician found nothing and tried boiler again and it worked!! for 3 days!!! Now even our plumber is flumoxed! I am looking at this site to see if anyone can shed a light on this too so if you get any feedback or fix your problem please let me know. cheers debbie

Sponsored Links
it could be your pcb, but there are a few other things it could be, such as poor circulation, do you have thermostatic radiator valves, if so you may have a radiator with out one, this is your bypass radiator. make sure this hasnt been turned off....

DebbieT said:
I have exact same problem with potterton boiler. Pump was replaced but 7 days later same thing happened pump not working and awful banging through pipes throughout house. Was suggested this was a 'kettling' effect due to pump not working but after new pump fitted and still a problem plumber sent an electrician to check everything assumed a short could be happening. Electrician found nothing and tried boiler again and it worked!! for 3 days!!! Now even our plumber is flumoxed! I am looking at this site to see if anyone can shed a light on this too so if you get any feedback or fix your problem please let me know. cheers debbie
..........we have potterton got exactley same problem i have 2 turn boiler of at nite coz its that loud we got a plumber in 2day he thinks because of the test hes done its possible fault with timer clock coz the pumps r not running now im having trouble finding some1 who deals with this hot water cylinder

Sponsored Links
Can people start there own threads please.
All that happens is people get confused and don't bother replying. :evil: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back