Potterton Profile 100E thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler had stopped and the central heating cooled down whilst I was out. It had been left on, there were no changes in settings and no new parts fitted recently. I checked the reset button, but it hadn't tripped. When I turned the boiler thermostat to 0 the boiler fired up. When I turned the boiler thermostat back up the boiler turned off. I've left it working on 0 at the moment, but would like to know if anyone's come across this before? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Yes,

Complicated fault that caused it though.

Even though "it is not possible for this fault to occur", - (pott technical) a pcb fault was diagnosed and repaired.

Dvaid

Ive come across this problem about 6 times now. Its the boiler thermostat thats faulty. The swtiching inside falls to bits. A new boiler stat is required.

Sponsored Links
The boiler stat is so easy to test for continuity with a meter and with the boiler warm and power disconnected.

I dont see why so much discussion is needed.

The stat has to operate its contacts perhaps 200-300 times a day during the heating season. So its not surprising that it may sometimes fail when the boilers over 10 years old!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back