Potterton Profile Boiler switches off when turned down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have a Potterton Profile boiler which is about 15 years old. Every time I turn the heater down it switches off so I can only use it at one temperature, when its turned up full! Its been like this for a few years now and other than this it works fine and has passed its boiler service.
Im going to move out & let out the house so have to get it fixed soon.
Im just wondering if anyone knows what could be the cause & how much I might expect to pay to have it repaired.

Sponsored Links
When you say "turn the heater down" what are you referring to? A better description of your system would help.

I assume you are turning down the flow temperature? It would be normal for the boiler to turn off if you do this because it will be above the new set temperature, but it should turn back on again after a few minutes when the water has cooled to the new setting. Does yours stay off forever? What sort of level are you turning it down to?

Sponsored Links
To make the situation clear could yo turn the boiler stat down to about "2" and then turn of the heating from cold and tell us what happend.

You say its "passed its service" but a service is not something to be passed or failed.

I expect you have had a Gas Safety Certificate done but that is not the same as a service and a stat problem would not be noticed in most cases.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back