Potterton Promax 15 HE/24 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Recently had a service, since which my boiler has been playing up.
Tries to fire up, (sounds of clicking relay). No luck. This happens about six times before it no longer attempts, and I have to switch it on and off to get it to try and start up again.
Usually no luck, switch it on and off again, then a couple of times it has fired up for about five seconds before the flames go out and it starts clicking again.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Assuming you contacted them within a day or two of the service being done and the fault starting i.e not a month later and it seems like a simple fix then any decent company wouldn't charge.

If they insist on you paying then ask them to explain how the wire could become lose so soon after it being serviced as he would have checked for loose connections wouldnt he :rolleyes:

Assuming you contacted them within a day or two of the service being done and the fault starting i.e not a month later and it seems like a simple fix then any decent company wouldn't charge.

If they insist on you paying then ask them to explain how the wire could become lose so soon after it being serviced as he would have checked for loose connections wouldnt he :rolleyes:

Fault started occuring within a few days (didn't recognise it as a fault at first as a simple off&on sorted it out), it gradually became worse over the course of 4 weeks.

Did this fellow show you or tell you which connector was loose? I would expect that it was his fault. Most likely the flame detection connection.

But as Rob says, any reputable firm would never make any charge regardless of what was the cause. After all a service is to check everything in the boiler is correct isn't it?

Probably some timeserved person who left school at 15 to do a plumbing apprenticeship and never had the benefit of a full school education followed by uni where he could learn some people skills!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Did this fellow show you or tell you which connector was loose?

I would expect that it was his fault.

But as Rob says, any reputable firm would never make any charge regardless of what was the cause. After all a service is to check everything in the boiler is correct isn't it?

Probably someone abusive who left school at 15 to do a plumbing apprenticeship and never had the benefit of a full school education followed by uni where he could learn some people skills!

Tony

What is the whole website address? Its not one that I have heard of before.

Some of the older people are not very good with modern boilers which totally rely on electronics.

Tony

Probably someone abusive who left school at 15 to do a plumbing apprenticeship and never had the benefit of a full school education followed by uni where he could learn some people skills!

Tony
I dont know whether to laugh or cry at that comment. :?:

I left school before my 16th birthday, never went to uni and yet still managedto aquire people skills. I must be special.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at that comment. :?:

I left school before my 16th birthday, never went to uni and yet still managed to aquire people skills. I must be special.

Some people do and some dont.

Lord Sugar has made ( and lost ) a lot of money but I dont see him as having well developed people skills.

Oddly, I have this feeling that I could possibly get on quite well with him.

But I do love his two henchmen/women who seem totally different types of character to him. ( I mean the older lady from the last series. )

Fault started occuring within a few days (didn't recognise it as a fault at first as a simple off&on sorted it out), it gradually became worse over the course of 4 weeks.

If the boiler worked at all, the chap that serviced it did not forget to stick it back on. Though you could argue that it is not great customer service to do so, he would be entitled to charge for correcting it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back