potterton promax 24 he problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Promax 24 HE is doing my head in. It is 7 yrs old and when i fire it up it comes on and all the rads get warm. After 10 to 15 mins it goes off and will not restart unless i go an press the reset switch. Once it restarts it only runs for about 5 mins and goes off then i have to reset it again. i have had 3 engineers round and one said NEW BOILER another said NOTHING WRONG another said NEW SAFETY THERMOSTAT POSSIBLY. quite frankly i am a 100 quid out of pocket and no one has been able to identify the problem.

please help. :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Did any of then use a combustion gas analyser?

Tony

Yes and Also -

Did they measure flow/return pipe temperatures? Could be a slow pump!

There's a flow sensor in them which often sticks open so if the flow is low they can get too hot. They shouldn't overheat but...

Sponsored Links
combustion door seal,get a decent eng in to check it and also check the emission
If there is WHITE powdery residue inside then it will be the combustion chamber. Failing that change the condensate trap - it's been upgraded due to this prob and the shorting across the leads on top

Thank you all or your suggestions. I have been away for xmas and could not thank you earlier.

i have replaced the safety stat (no luck)

i shall replace the comb door seal next and then the pump.
then the condensate trap.

fingers crossed.

Once again thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back