Potterton promax fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

7 year old Promax 24/2 HE Plus. Was maintained by BG until last year when they hiked up the cost to be too much.

It sounds like the fan is going. It is fine when running but when the boiler switched of it makes a noise when it slows down like it is wobbling on its axis. My question is, is this an emergency? It has been doing it for a couple of months.

I've looked online and I think I have found the fan at about 96 plus VAT. I am pretty competent in DIY terms. I have replaced a mixer valve and installed a fernox filter. Is this something I could replace?

Thanks,

Paul.

Sponsored Links
You can't do this yourself safely. The fan forms part of the gas train, and is inside a sealed air box. The boiler would also need to be tested for correct combustion and safe operation afterward, and only a competent gas engineer has the knowledge and equipment to do this.

You can't do this yourself safely. The fan forms part of the gas train, and is inside a sealed air box. The boiler would also need to be tested for correct combustion and safe operation afterward, and only a competent gas engineer has the knowledge and equipment to do this.

Thanks Bolshy. Understood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back